Wounded Tiger is the amazing true story of three people from incredibly different cultures whose paths cross in ways both remarkable and nearly unbelievable.
Handpicked by Admiral Yamamoto to lead the attack on Pearl Harbor in December 1941, MITSUO FUCHIDA'S ambition for the glory of Japan ultimately drove him and his nation into utter ruin.
Jake DeShazer, a young man serving in the US Army Air Corps., swore revenge against the Japanese and volunteered for the first American counterattack on Japan – but things went impossibly wrong.
Born and raised in Japan, as that nation prepared for war, PEGGY COVELL and her family was forced to flee to the Philippines, never realizing the disaster awaiting them. But what happened through her life would leave Fuchida forever changed.
UNIQUE FEATURES OF WOUNDED TIGER
- Wounded Tiger reads like a novel because it is a novel with authentic details found in nonfiction while maintaining the dynamic “now” feel of a dramatic character-driven story.
- Over 300 photos, maps, letters, and images.
- Three main plotlines and stories begin separately, but slowly come together in an unpredictable and captivating way.
- Includes historically accurate perspectives of the Pacific War from both the Japanese and American sides.
- And Wounded Tiger takes the reader through a host of social issues and ideological conflicts through the characters' viewpoints.